Visitors to the Sun Yat Sen Museum
The Sun Yat Sen Museum (formerly called the Sun Yat Sen Penang Base) has been visited by many distinguished dignitaries and celebrities.
V.I.P (Very Important Person) Arrivals
- This museum was the first Sun Yat Sen museum in Malaysia, launched by the then Malaysian Prime Pinister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad in 2001
- Visited by President Hu Jintao (then vice-president) in 2002, followed the chair of the National Peoples’ Congress, Wu Bangguo, and other China officials
May 2005, visited by China’s National People Congress Standing Committee Chairman Wu Bangguo
- 22 March 2009 visited by China’s National Congress Standing Committee Deputy Chairman Li Jinguo
- The Penang gathering of 29 Sun clan members (directly descended from Sun Yat Sen and his brother Sun Mei) and 30 Sun Yat Sen memorials from all over the world
- Famous people in the arts – Booker Prize-winning novelist Peter Carey and Gurmit Singh, the popular Singaporean actor better known as ‘Phua Chu Kang’, the Hong Kong actress Petrina Fung Bo Bo and many others.
18 July, 2015, visited by Chinese Consul General of Penang, Wu Chun
Other Trips visit
- On 5th July, 2015, Sun Yat Sen Museum Penang has been visited by 86 students from Hsin Tien Senior High School, Taiwan and Tsun Jin High School, Kuala Lumpur . Click here for more information.