Visitors to the Sun Yat Sen Museum
The Sun Yat Sen Museum (formerly called the Sun Yat Sen Penang Base) has been visited by many distinguished dignitaries and celebrities.
- This museum was the first Sun Yat Sen museum in Malaysia, launched by the then Malaysian Prime Pinister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad in 2001
- Visited by President Hu Jintao (then vice-president) in 2002, followed the chair of the National Peoples’ Congress, Wu Bangguo, and other China officials
May 2005, visited by China’s National People Congress Standing Committee Chairman Wu Bangguo
- 22 March 2009 visited by China’s National Congress Standing Committee Deputy Chairman Li Jinguo
- The Penang gathering of 29 Sun clan members (directly descended from Sun Yat Sen and his brother Sun Mei) and 30 Sun Yat Sen memorials from all over the world
- Famous people in the arts – Booker Prize-winning novelist Peter Carey and Gurmit Singh, the popular Singaporean actor better known as ‘Phua Chu Kang’, the Hong Kong actress Petrina Fung Bo Bo and many others.